Thursday 14 May 2015

How Me Made May is going for me

OK, so I thought I'd have a bit of a round up about how MeMadeMay is going. To be honest, I didn't think that I would be able to manage it initially, until I realised (once I'd read Zoe's post properly) that I could make my own pledge, and wearing homemade stuff three times each week is working out OK. Plus I got a teeny bit tiddly on May 1, thought 'sod it' and posted a photo on Instagram. So basically I blame gin for all of this.

Still, it's been quite fun, and actually a pretty good experience for a few reasons. First of all, it made me brave enough to wear and share the things I've made to people further than my immediate family (who basically have to say they like them or I start limiting cake and TV access). And the response has been really lovely, and thank you to all the sewing peeps who I've never met, but whom I am very pleased to hear from - see this is why I love social media sometimes.

Second of all, I've dusted down some old favourites, like my Ysolda Little Birds sweater, which I had almost forgotten about. It's definitely made me think about how I can get these back into regular circulation in my wardrobe - especially the knitted things that took weeks (and in many cases months) to finish.


Third of all, it's given me the oomph that I needed to finish a few things off. I'd had a Clothkits Rob Ryan skirt sitting in the adjusting pile for ages, because i. I didn't really know how to reduce the massive waist (anyone else find this with their kits?) and ii. there was always something far more interesting to be doing. But I was spurred on, and the end result is not bad at all.


So, so far, so good. Let's see how I get on with the second half of the month (although I am tempted just to stay in my new Buchanan gown for the entirety of May and lounge my way through. How has it been for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment